Monday, April 13, 2015

Please Pray!!!!

The orphanage just told Jing Mei she had a family!! She is extremely nervous, though. The main reason she is nervous is communication. She is scared to be in America, where no one speaks her language. I absolutely understand what she's feeling. There's no way I wouldn't have some concerns with moving by myself to China. Tons of people talking, maybe about me, and I have no idea what they're saying. We will be able to Skype her tomorrow night, and I'm going to try and memorize a few Chinese phrases i might want to say to her. I hope this will give her a little more security. That's what sisters are for, right? ;) We are also going to buy a portable translator so that she can just type what she's thinking and we'll see it in English. We'll be able to tell her things too. I really hope she feels comfortable with us. The other thing is she thinks it's very odd that we have a pet dog ( i guess they don't have pets in China??). 

Since she is above 10, when she meets us she has a choice if she wants to go to America with us or not. I cannot tell you how sad I would be if she didn't want to come with us. It's very rare that this happens, but it is always a possibility. Please pray that God will give Jing Mei peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment